Monsoons bring down temperatures and pollution. this suggests your spirited pooch can enjoy longer outdoor Pet Care. However amid all the pleasantness related to rains lies the strong probability of pets contracting skin infections and affected by indigestion, among other diseases. Maintaining your furry baby’s health and hygiene during the wet spell would require you to place in some extra effort. Here are 8 tips that’ll ensure your pooch enjoys every downpour without falling ill:
1) Keep your pet’s fur dry and use a perfect rain gear as and when required: Pat dry your dog’s hair employing a towel before and after its daily walks and outdoor play time. During the season there’s a rise in moisture content within the atmosphere. So to fight its ill effects, confirm your pooch’s fur is anything but damp. Else you’ll soon find your furry baby affected by fungal and bacterial skin infections. Anti fungal powders can help keep the paws and other spots free from the attack. Also for the nonce , you’ll got to switch to a waterless shampoo for dogs. A protective doggie raincoat may be a good way to enjoy a sudden shower while outdoors. Pet care
2) Protect those Paws: Your dog’s paws are available contact with the bottom and hence exposed to dirt & disease causing viruses, bacteria and other micro-organisms. you’ll protect the paws with shoes/boots. just in case your dog rejects the thought of doggie foot wear, clean its paws thoroughly using warm water and a towel after its strolls. Pet care
3) Offer a diet rich in fiber: Fibrous vegetables and fruits will aid in proper digestion and regular bowel movements within the absence of long walks and outdoor activities thanks to constant rains. Indoor exercises are often employed to catch up on a scarcity of outside play time. Running up and down the steps or a game of fetch with the pet are some ways during which you’ll exercise the canine inside your house. the quantity of food your dog consumes during a day must be in accordance with its level of activity to avoid issues like obesity.
4) Boil water before you provides it to your pet dog for drinking: this manner you’ll easily avert your pet’s tummy troubles.
5) Keep its ears cleaned & check for infections: The wet period increases moisture within the pooch’s ears. It’s important to stay the ears dry and wipe off the wax to avoid ear-infections. Dry the ears after every outdoor play session also as baths. Ears that are long and closed are at a greater risk of getting infected.
6) Create a secure resting space for the pooch to tackle fear caused by loud thunder: Your pet must be allotted its very own private and safe resting spot within the house. It can run to the present space to feel secure whenever the sound of thunder frightens it. A pup may feel safe hiding under its human’s bed. If this is often the case together with your furry pal, leave your bedroom door open for it to sneak in when feeling scared and anxious.
7) Stop a tick and flea attack: Warm and humid weather cause an increase within the population of those pests. These pesky parasites can transmit variety of deadly diseases to the canine. It’s important to stay your dog’s sleeping spot clean and freed from ticks, fleas, mosquitoes and other bugs. Its bedding must be dry and will be regularly changed. Use of anti-tick shampoos and collars are some preventative measures. Also tick sprays and powders work effectively to kill and prevent these pests.
8) De-worm and vaccinate the pet before the onset of rains to stop certain diseases: With monsoons comes the danger of worm related ailments and respiratory infections. Your dog’s trusted vet will administer suitable de-worming tablets and vaccine/s as per the immunization schedule.
Turn away the blues surrounding overcast skies and rainy days! Prepare your pet pooch to face the monsoons head on with these simple tips. in any case these precautionary measures ensure our pets stay happy, hale & hearty regardless of what the weather cause .